In honor of today’s Daily Post, and yesterday’s spur of the moment SF trip, I am going to tell y’all my 7 favorite places in San Francisco!
The DP reads as such:
The Satisfaction of a List-Who doesn’t love a list? So write one! Top five slices of pizza in your town, ten reasons disco will never die, the three secrets to happiness — go silly or go deep, just go list-y.
Yesterday morning I drove Joe to the EIT or (Engineer in Training) in San Mateo and had to be there before 7:00 am. I decided to take the short drive up to SF afterward because it was so close and I had nothing better to do for the next 8 1/2 hours. On the way up I stopped off at a beautiful little park and walked around before watching the sunrise and the planes at the airport take off and land.
After taking in all of the beauty I headed up to USF to walk around a bit and captured a picture from behind St. Ignacious, just beautiful!
Shortly afterward I headed home for several hours before picking Joe up and heading BACK to SF for dinner at one of my favorite places in the city- Milano Pizzeria on 9th Avenue. It’s no surprise that many of them are places to eat, lol! So here we go with my list:
7. Milano Pizzeria– It may be cash only, however it is good enough to hit an ATM first. I personally love the pepperoni and garlic with fresh oregano on it…YUM!
6. Crepevine on Irving- The best breakfast I have had in the city so far (and this is a small chain!). I love the atmosphere and people who work there. EVERYTHING on the menu is delicious.
5. Java Beach Café– Located at Ocean Beach, Joe and I would walk there from my Great Grandparent’s house when we used to visit. I like to watch the surfers come in and they have good coffee and muffins. Not to mention the fresh air out there!
4. Boudin at the Wharf– When I lived in SF I would frequent Boudin and get a chili bread bowl and Joe loves their chowder bowls. Their original location and main bakery is located at Fisherman’s Wharf, where you can watch the bread makers through the windows, walk through their history gallery, and smell the fresh bread. When you eat you can sit in their upstairs dining room at stare at the boats coming into the bay.
3. USF/Cole/Noe Valley- I just love to walk around these areas so much. They are truly SF and not touristy. I always feel home when I’m there and they have really cute spots to shop and eat. The houses in those areas can be BEAUTIFUL too.
2. AT&T Park– Home of the San Francisco Giants!
1. North Beach– In particular Saints Peter and Paul Church– located in Washington Square Park, this is the most beautiful church I have ever been too. I have seen so many get married there and actually sat in on part of one! Shh don’t tell anyone! Jen and I went to the Italian American Festival there and LOVED it. I love the area and the park because there are so many kids and people running around and during the summer they show movies in the park at night! I also love Coit tower especially at night.
Those are SOME of my favorite places and are DEFINETLY not all of them. Did I leave anything good out?
Q: What is your favorite place in SF?