Good morning and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
For the past month it seems that many of my Facebook friends have been listing things that they are grateful for every day. Since it is still morning and nothing has been celebrated, I have no turkey day pictures for you yet. I thought I would make my gratitude list on my blog instead and will post my food and family adventures later!
I am thankful for…
1. God. I few years ago I followed my heart into the mission in SLO and built a beautiful relationship with God, and for that I will be forever thankful.
2. Joseph has been with me for almost 10 years and he has supported my dreams, loved me in difficult times, and made me laugh along the way. He loves my family and is a truly good person all the way through. He is my soul mate and has changed the way I feel about love.
3. My family is the foundation of who I am. I have lived my life for that last 26 years with overwhelming love and a sense of comfort because of them. My parents have always made me feel like I can do anything, and my sisters have kept me sane and have captured my heart. Jen has kept me going and kept me company, an angel throughout my life. Jamie has given me a precious gift, when she was born we connected on such a deep level. My sisters are my heart and soul. My extended family has always been there and made me proud of who I am and where I come from.
4. My best friends, Noel, Holly, Lauren, Rachel, Anna and Nicole. Without these ladies, my life would be missing something so very special. We support each other and love each other. We do fun things, and some dumb things, but everything we do together is precious to me. I would be remiss to not mention my best guy friends, Darren, Brian, and Coleman. These guys have given me so many good times, and such a great sense of security and love. They are all of Joe’s best friends as well, and the things they do for either one of us is always appreciated. Many of these friends have been there when I was at my lowest, and my highest, and words can’t describe the soft spot in my heart for them.
5. Joe’s family. They have been like my own and have accepted me as one of theirs. They have been loving and supporting to both of us and have always made me feel wanted. They are wonderful people and continue to share their homes and lives with me. I have gained a brother, who I will know and love forever, without whom I would be very sad.
6. The unbelievable luck that I had when I was born in the U.S.A. This country is full of freedoms and opportunities that have gotten me to where I am today. As a woman I am thankful to be in a place where I can do whatever I set my mind to and not be condemned for it. I am so grateful for the military women and men who have kept our country safe and allowed the rest of us to live our lives as free individuals.
7. My teachers/professors. Since I was 5 years old, I have been in school taking no more than three semesters off the whole time. I am thankful to have the knowledge I have attained and for the countless hours we have spent together. I am thankful that everything that I have learned along the way has come in handy and not one minute of class has been wasted on me.
8. My bosses along the way have given me a sense of responsibility and have always given me and opportunity to grow. I have been so fortunate to work for wonderful people and for them to spend time with me, teaching me the things that have made me successful both at work and in life. Without their compassion and professionalism, I would not be as ambitious as I have become in my career path.
9. My health. I know many people who have struggled and who continue to struggle with their health in all aspects. I am so very fortunate to be perfectly healthy thus far and able to do whatever I please without having to wonder if I can physically do it. This is an easy one to forget about until you are held back in any way.
10. All of you! Thank you for reading my blog and making my personal diary something to share with everyone. You help me keep my life in perspective and always offer me a sense of hope when I need it.
There are many other things I am grateful for, for example, I am grateful to have my coffee this morning and to be close to my family so that we can get together for the holidays. With that said, I am going to get my coffee and watch the parade!
Have a wonderful day!